Thursday, December 6, 2012

So you want to dress like...
Q from Skyfall


Photobucket

(Photo courtesy of The Telegraph)

If you haven't become intimately acquainted (and by that I mean gone to a movie theatre, sat down, and indulged for two hours in James Bond goodness) with Skyfall, do yourself a favor and buy a ticket ASAP.  In addition to the "I forgot to breathe" action scenes, there is stunning cinematography and even more striking characters to be had.  One of these is Q, portrayed by Ben Whishaw.

Unfamiliar with Ben Whishaw?  Fear not!  I would wage that the majority of the American public had little idea of who he was until this role.  In addition to being in Tom Hank's latest, Cloud Atlas, he's had the privilege of starring in BBC's The Hour and the latest film interpretation of The Tempest.  Out of all of these other roles, though, I find him most striking and confident as Q.

Since the premiere of the latest Bond film, fans have taken to the internet commenting about Q's "hipster" style of dress.  My responsibility as a fashion blogger was to take heed and rise up to the challenge of bringing you such style (for guys and girls) via this blog.

Let's do this!

For girls...
Photobucket


I have to admit that this all started because of a sweater.  That sweater in this post; that's it, right there.  I spotted it on a rack at Target last weekend while doing some Christmas shopping.  Apparently, Q's look couldn't escape my mind so easily.  I thought of the character instantly.

I would imagine girl Q to have a fairly well-developed sense of style.  Nothing extravagant - some color with a healthy amount of neutrals and simple accessories.  The look of the bracelets is supposed to be vaguely utilitarian and echo a sleekness that comes with modern computing.  The shoes and glasses add a "hipster" flavor.


For guys...


Photobucket



This set is a bit more "hipsterish"  than the girls' set.  Directly inspired from the movie, the color blocked sweater off sets the dark flannel shirt.  The gray trousers and tie lend a bit of a professional look.  The boots are my favorite piece in this set - illustrating functionality and (again) that never-to-be-escaped "hipster" twist.




Have a favorite character that you'd like me to feature in a "So you want to dress like..." post?  Facebook or e-mail me to voice your opinion!

Until next time!

~ they seek her there



No comments:

Post a Comment