Wednesday, December 19, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things:
Vera Wang at Kohls

I don't know about you, readers, but Christmas is sneaking up on me!  I know there are some of you out there in danger of being on Santa's "Naughty" list because you haven't done your shopping!  Fear not!  I am here to help you with a list of "My Favorite Things" comprised of last minute gift ideas, DIYs, and festive decorations to get you in the spirit.  I am determined to give you a great Christmas! 

Lately there is something in the retail world I've been inordinately excited about.  For a little over a year now, beloved department store Kohls has been carrying two collaboration lines with the famous designer Vera Wang.  Their Juniors' line is entitled "The Vera Wang Princess Collection" (much like the perfume), and their Women's and Home line is "Simply Vera Wang" .  

I don't normally "do" department stores.  There's nothing wrong with them, per se, but I prefer to step out of the box as much as possible.  Department stores were some of the first places people could get clothes off the rack.  They are a tradition, but one that we are all too familiar with; a bit too "normal" for me.  So, imagine my surprise on stepping into a Kohls to do some Christmas shopping and stumbling across the Vera Wang lines there.  I could not have ventured more from normalcy!

The "Princess" line is incredibly eclectic.  In the following sets, the majority of pieces are from this collection.  The vibrant colors, mixed media textures, and stand-out patterns really make this a line that echoes back to its designer.  Often times, a designers greatest challenge is to create a line that does just that!  Vera Wang has succeeded in spades.

The follow three outfits were created from the two Vera Wang collections sold at Kohls.  I tried to style each in a different way to appeal to the widest audience possible.  I also tried to take into account that it's winter and layering is a plus.  I hope that you find something that inspires you!





"Give Your Heart a Break"
Photobucket
Flats;  Vest;  Tee;  Purse;  Wrist Warmers








"Snow Bunny"

Photobucket
Necklace;  Fur Collar;  Pumps;  Shirt








"Abstract Casual"
Photobucket
Shoes;  Top;  Necklace;  Leggings;  Sweater



I'll be back sooner than later with the next installment of "My Favorite Things". 

Until next time!

~ theyseekherthere

No comments:

Post a Comment