Sunday, September 2, 2012

So you want to dress like...
Matt Smith from 'Doctor Who'

Today I bring you a solo menswear post! I haven't done this yet on my blog, but it's always exciting to venture into something new.

I have to admit that my "geek" is showing again. Last night was the premiere of one of my favorite shows Doctor Who, and its stars Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, and Arthur Darvill are somewhat of a group of fashion icons. They all have quirky and fresh outlooks on what to wear in the limelight. For this post, we'll take the star of the show - Matt Smith - and breakdown two of his unique looks.

On the Street

Photobucket




Inspired by the bright color scheme of the stripes on Matt's sweater, I put together this very Fall appropriate outfit. You can probably guess that Matt incorporates "hipster"-type pieces into his wardrobe. He often sports unusual accessories (like his hat pin) and is never without a good pair of sunglasses. He also doesn't shy away from color.



Photoshoot Savvy


Photobucket




Remember what I was saying about unusual accessories? Matt doesn't fail to push the envelope with this look that includes the key necklace accent. There is also no shortage of color with this look as well. I've again adapted this look from a Summer photoshoot to a functional Fall look for men.



I hope you enjoyed our little foray into geek fashion. I plan on highlighting more actors from this series, so if you're familiar with Doctor Who and would like to see certain pieces featured, please let me know here or on Facebook! For now, expect me to be back later this week with hot pieces for Fall.


Until next time!

~ they seek her there


No comments:

Post a Comment