Saturday, September 8, 2012

So you want to dress like...Karen Gillan from Doctor Who

I'm back again with another Doctor Who related post. This time, we'll be looking at Karen Gillan - co-star of Matt Smith and the Doctor's companion - for fashion inspiration.

Once working as a model during London Fashion Week, Karen is no stranger to the glam and glitz of the runway. Winning the Cosmopolitan "Woman of the Year" award, the Scottish Fashion Icon award, and TV Choice's "Best Dressed" for 2012, she is clearly at the height of style.

Today I'm bringing you two examples of premiere Karen Gillan outfits and my own interpretations of each for your own wearing pleasure.

Stripes & Hardware


Photobucket



This outfit of Karen's is one of the first she had worn out an about for a press tour. From day one, I have adored the sweater she is wearing. I felt like I had to use this look as the first for my post. There was no other way to go about it.

Because color is my friend (and yours), I decided to pair this sweater with a brightly colored skirt. Tights and the utilitarian boots and accessories complete this look for the upcoming season.




Unusual Graphics



Photobucket


Unfortunately, I couldn't locate a cable knit with a double decker bus pattern (much to my chagrin), but I thought another unusual graphic sweater might do the trick. Miss Selfridge is the maker of this lovely duck pullover. Paired with the neutral oxford shoe, bright colored pant, and neutral bag, this overall set truly captures Karen's original look. For my personal touch, I added a neon earring, watch, and nail polish.


Next week we'll tackle Arthur Darvill aka Rory Williams - another current companion of the Doctor's - for our weekly Doctor Who fashion inspiration post.


Until next time!

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment