Thursday, August 16, 2012

Olympics 2012 - Week Two Wrap-Up

Photobucket



It's hard to believe that another Olympic Games has come and gone. Rio de Janero has been given the Olympic torch for safe keeping until 2016. And now we wait...

While you've been mourning the loss of prime time swimming heats and trying to one-up your co-workers by knowing the most current medal count, I've been putting together the final six outfit sets inspired by various countries who participated in the Games. Again, I tried to keep the collection eclectic - even including some menswear sets this time! Like before, I also tried to convey a different theme with each set.


New Zealand


Photobucket



This the "working woman" set. It's complete with practical and comfortable pieces that don't appear sloppy. The black and white accents along with the polka dot planner are inspired by the New Zealand Opening Ceremony outfits. The bold blue shade of the dress and the deep red of the earrings offset this black and white palate that appears throughout. The professional air given off by the look of this set has also been inspired by the pieces featured in the Opening Ceremony.




Germany

Photobucket



I again took advantage of the look of an Opening Ceremonies outfit to complete this set. The original from which I drew inspiration has a mixed formal and athletic look. I also wanted to tie in the original color scheme of the outfit - light blue, pink, and khaki. The bow tie seemed essential to keep the formal element of the outfit at work. This set can also serve as a great transition example for a Summer wardrobe to Fall.





Hungary

Photobucket


I have to admit that I put together this set with myself in mind. This is exactly the type of look I would dare pull off in the Winter. I was inspired by the look of Hungary's architecture and art when I put this together. The country has countless churches in the gothic style, and the monarchy of Hungary was incredibly important once upon a time. There is a rich history there to say the least. I also tried to pull in the color scheme of the flag with my choices.






U.S. Virgin Islands

Photobucket



This is my last ditch effort at a Summer look. This is the logical conclusion to carry on with when the words "Virgin Islands" are uttered or read. This look could also serve as a transition outfit between Summer and Fall. The bright colors are still appropriate for the "warm" feeling of Summer, but the heavier pieces of clothing allow you to wear this outfit well into September.







Egypt
Photobucket



This is our second menswear set of the bunch. Again, I'd been thinking of the Summer to Fall transition with this one. The balance of casual and formal looks still exist. I continued to take into account the color scheme of the countries flag. Personally, I think the tweed jacket is the most practical and versatile piece between both of the menswear sets. Sooner than later, we're going to be entering the colder months of the year, and this jacket is an undeniably smooth transition piece for - yes, I will daresay it - each season.







Thailand
Photobucket



This is the "world traveler" look. Comfortable pieces, interesting color combinations, unusual patterns. This set has it all. I couldn't help but include the elephant print scarf in this set due to their association with this country. The backpack really completes the traveler look - neutral and practical. No matter where you might journey, this outfit will not let you down!




Sadly, this completes our Olympic coverage (at least until Winter 2014). I'll be back in the coming week with lots of amazing pieces for Fall!

Please Facebook or comment with any topics or outfits you'd like highlighted for the upcoming season! I'd be happy to oblige.

Until next time!

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment