Saturday, December 10, 2011

Outfit Post of the Day - Let it snow

It's been (appropriately) Wintry here in Chicago as of late. Two nights ago, we had our fair share of snow, and it's been nothing but in the lovely 20s and 30s around here. Now that we're in for the long haul of Winter, it's time to break out the sweater tights, socks, and the layered look we in the Midwest are incredibly familiar with.

Photobucket

Hat - Forever 21: $6.50
Scarf - Forever 21: $10.00
Knit sweater - Thrifted: $5.99
Oxford (under sweater) - Forever 21: $10.80
Navy skirt - Forever 21: $6.80
Sweater tights - Target: $10.00
Socks - Old Navy: $6.00 for pack of two
Boots - Thrifted gift

Now, I like the tights and shorts and sweater look just as much as the next person, but unless you live in a state where it's pretty much consistently 60 degrees Fahrenheit all year round, it's just not possible. Layers can be pretty, too!

As you can see, I'm (again) rocking the tights and socks trend. The tights are not your normal tights. They are sweater tights and are oh so warm. I decided to go with the oxford layered under a knit sweater for the preppy look. It's a bit vintage, and I love it! I either look like a 1940s university student or a Land Girl...

I like to make the accessories subtle when I layer like this. The hat and the scarf I consider a Wintry appropriate addition to my outfit. I've also thrown on a simple pair of earrings and my British Phonebox necklace.


Photobucket Photobucket

(On top) - Simple, vintage pearl earrings from the 80s raided from my mother.
(On bottom) - British Phonebox necklace; Forever 21: $3.80

Photobucket

A more detailed look at the tights and socks...


How do you get through Winter? Do you layer or do you happen to live in a location where you're lucky enough to enjoy nice temperatures year round? Drop me a comment and share your story!

Until next time!

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment