Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taking it to the Beach

One of my dear friends/followers via Facebook informed me that she would like to see a post about swimwear. Seems reasonable. After all, swim wear has been at least hanging on the store racks for about two and a half months now. Let's stop ignoring that elephant in the corner and just talk about it already! Talk about it we shall.

I recognize that there are many body types a woman can have. Even though I probably have a body type with which I could wear a bikini, it's not really my first choice. Due to my awareness of how...careful women can be with their bathing suit choices, I've included a variety in my sets for this post. Hopefully, everyone can find something they like and get excited for the season to come. I even slipped in a little something for the guys...

"Neon + Neutrals"

Photobucket
Sheer Top, Bikini Top, Sunglasses, Earrings, Bracelet, Nail Polish, Shoes,
Bikini Bottom, Capris

Neon is going to be a trend we see extend from Spring into Summer. Neon is an "eye-catcher"; if you're confident enough wearing it, it's an incredibly fun look to pull off. When executing this look, you have to remember to not be overpowering with the neon. Slipping neutral accents in your outfit is encouraged.



"Let's Go Sailing"

Photobucket

One Piece, Hat, Bracelets, Tank, Sandals, Earrings, Shorts, Tankini, Bottoms

The "boating" or "sailing" look is a trend that fashion cannot seem to shake. Not that you'd want it to disappear! The boating look is a style everyone can be comfortable with and pull off. It's undeniably classy and versatile. Best of all, it fits in with any beach setting!



"Wild Child"

Photobucket

This just might be my favorite set of them all. I like to push the envelope with what "matches". Conventionality shouldn't have to define the way we dress. We should embrace colors, patterns and "mismatchedness". It all makes life just a bit more interesting.




"Bohemian Chic"

Photobucket
Ring, Necklace, Earrings, Dress, One Piece, Sandals


I will confess that I organized this set with a friend in mind. This specific person tends to dress very freely and bohemian. In all fairness, she was probably well aware of her choice of styling before I entered her life. The fact that I repeat this to her time and time again makes her really rise to the occasion and embrace her look. That's the kind of thing I love to see! The bohemian look is also something I consider to be timeless. It's also a look that's nearly effortless to pull off when wearing swimwear. Sometimes, low maintenance is fantastic.



"A Little Something for the Nerds"


Photobucket


This is our lovely selection for all of the men out there. I tried to add a little something for everyone, but mostly this is about making the "nerdy boy" (so to speak) add a bit of chicness to his wardrobe. Why the nerdy ones? Sometimes, they need a little advice, too... I'll confess that this bathing suit was pointed out to me via this article on Racked. I may be slightly drawn to pieces that cause controversy. The tee is a pick from a Chicago area company called Threadless. The website is adorable. I encourage everyone (girls and guys) to check it out.


I hope some of these quenched your thirst for affordable swimwear to wear to the beach or just poolside. If you'd like to see a cute suit up here that I haven't featured, feel free to contact me and I will style for you!

Until next time!

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment