Tuesday, July 3, 2012

And I leave you with links!

As I mentioned late last week, I'll be leaving for a five day vacation in lovely Minneapolis tomorrow morning. While there, I don't think I'll be blogging all that much, but I'll do the best to update via Facebook and Twitter.

For your enjoyment while I'm away, I leave you with some interesting fashion links to pique your interests...



* What's so special about this dress? Look a bit closer. It's made out of gummy bears! Twelvmag has the whole story about this Alexander McQueen inspired gown made entirely out of the colorful confection.












(Photo courtesy of TwelvMag.com)


* Remember when I did that little featurette about cosplaying and fashion? Well, it seems that Racked wanted in on the action and did this article about the recent Anime Expo in L.A.

* Ladies, want in some more great deals from Kohls? Right now, they're having a massive Fourth of July sale that includes markdowns on these two cute tops! Peter Pan collars are really in, and you can't beat a neutral top that is only $16 and work appropriate!

* Part of keeping a blog is having a love for writing. If you share this passion, head over to Figment. You can feature your own original stories and create cover art for them! If nothing else, this is a great boredom deterrent...

* Going hand-in-hand with my Unconventional Styling post about the Fourth of July, MentalFloss has 15 Offbeat Holidays You Can Celebrate in July.

* My history buff side is showing. Brush up on your UK history in time for the London Olympics. Did you know there were probably female gladiators who competed at the Colosseum in Ancient Rome?

* Need to fill up your weekend? Try this DIY project from P.S. I Made This. It's a custom made geometric print top! The possibilities are endless. Personally, I'd get a faded neon tee from a craft store and go crazy...

* I'm a Chicago area native, so I have a lot of pride for my city. Another native, artist Steve Shanabruch, has done graphics for all of the Chicago neighborhoods. These are gorgeous even if you're unfamiliar with the city. Plus, you get a little history lesson on each of the neighborhoods.

* Apparently, a majority of you men out there think Pinterest is just for women. Your lovely counterpart Manteresting is up and running for your pleasure.

* Need a simple way to stay hydrated during these long, hot days? Here are three recipes from A Beautiful Mess to make your own fruit (and vegetable) infused water. Yum!

That's it for now, readers! Please feel free to check in with me this weekend through @seekherthere on Twitter if you're not already following me! I'll have a report coming to you early next week.

See you on the other side of the weekend...

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment