Monday, April 2, 2012

Lunch Break: Pop Culture Nail Art

I'm launching a new feature today called "Lunch Break". I know that when I have that little hour in the day to step away from work, sometimes I like to give my brain a rest. This usually involves reading my usual fashion blogs or blowing off 15 minutes via Facebook. Today, I want to bring you some pop culture through an unusual medium - nail art.

* First, we have ONTD! with their Pop Culture Nail Art Megapost. The display is almost overwhelming. The post seems to have everything from 90s Nickelodeon shows to recording artists, to some of our favorite authors like Edgar Allen Poe. The list seems endless! What is my favorite? The M*A*S*H nails seem to be the easiest and one of the more unusual references to make for me:


Photobucket
(Photo courtesy of ONTD!)

* I also recently stumbled across these fake nail polish collections inspired by some of my favorite NBC comedies - 30 Rock, The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Community. There's even a recently added Arrested Development set! Each include shades which are inside jokes and easily understood by avid watchers. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'd have to say The Office collection is my favorite. Threat Level Midnight is a great shade!


Photobucket
(Photo courtesy of charlotte-charles on Tumblr.)



I hope you enjoyed our first ever "Lunch Break"! If you'd like to see anything particular in this new featurette, feel free to drop me a line via the comment box or on Facebook.

Until next time,

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment