Monday, April 9, 2012

Lunch Break: Effie Trinket Nails

All everyone seems to be talking about lately is The Hunger Games. The fashion community has not shied away from all the buzz. A few months ago, the Capitol Couture Tumblr was launched. This highlighted off the wall fashion trends and styles which were inspired by the Capitol citizens of Panem. One such citizen is Effie Trinket.

Photobucket
(Photo courtesy of hungergamesmovie.org.)


Besides rocking Alexander McQueen in the movie, Effie's character is the epitome of crazy looks. From head to toe, her personal style (like most citizens of the Capitol) seems like it came straight off the runway. No inch is spared, especially not her nails.


Photobucket
(Photo courtesy of Theiapolis.com)

I'm always looking out for new and exciting nail art that's relatively easy to pull off. Effie's nails in the opening scene of The Hunger Games seem to be the right answer. You can see in the picture that she is rocking a fuchsia shade with gold glitter painted in a "waterfall" pattern over the base.

Today we have a tutorial on how to do your own version of these nails. When I tried this look, I pulled out two colors from my own collection to serve as the necessary fuchsia and gold polishes. These are the ones I used:

Photobucket
(On left: Rimmel #606, Dazzle)
(On right: Wet N' Wild Megalast #208, Through the Grapevine)

I have a personal policy of not spending too much money on nail polishes. The gold I acquired over a year ago and cannot remember how much I paid for it. The purple, I bought more recently on sale for $.99! You can't beat that price!

Drop me a line showing your own attempts at Effie Trinket nails or feel free to share your latest nail polish scores. I'll be back with a "meatier" post later on!

Until next time!

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment