Friday, March 9, 2012

Trend Tip: Color Crush

I can't walk through a single clothing store right now and not find gratuitously shaded tees, jeans, skirts, and tights hanging on the racks. It's Spring once again, and it's time to break out the brightly colored ensembles!

It's no secret that I love color, and I love re-evaluating my look for a new season. I also love buying new items that add a bit of those specific seasonal trends without putting a dent in my paycheck.

Every so often, I'll see a piece that pops out at me from the blog or magazine I happen to be perusing. Then, I look at the price attached to said piece. Most of the time, I have to steel myself for the reveal. I nearly always anticipate that what I've seen is going to be incredibly outside my normal price range.

Tired of being shocked and dissatisfied, I took up a challenge: find pricey items I like and assign affordable (and equally adorable) alternatives for them! Below are my two sets of picks. The expensive items are on the left and their alternatives are on the right.




Photobucket



Photobucket



These pieces don't hold back and are not ashamed to be bold. That's what this Spring is all about - being bold and bright! Don't be afraid to show off your more fun side this coming season. After the drab winter, I'm excited to get out there and rock this trend. I can only hope to get you guys equally excited by it!

Have you spotted something you'd like to see an affordable alternative for? Post in the comments or shoot me an e-mail, and I will feature it here!

Until next time!

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment