Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Trend Tip:
Spring '13 - For "Her" and "Him"

This post marks a "first" for this blog - a hers and his post complete with male presence!  My participant would like to make it clear that I did not style him; he is fashion savvy all on his own.

I'm writing this to illicit feelings of Spring - even though most of the country seems to be stuck in post-Winter funk.  I decided that the gray clouds are not going to keep me from rocking some of the irresistible Spring trends I'm seeing throughout the fashion world.  

For her, florals (as usual) are in.  Below, I model one from Target.  Originally $25 in store and online, I managed to score my piece at a local store for only $7.48!   Online, it's being listed as $17.  Still not a bad deal, and the piece is incredibly versatile with pops of gold, light yellow, mint green, navy, cobalt, and red.  There are so many tops you can pair this blazer with!

As for the top underneath, this is a crocheted piece I picked up from a local thrift store a few years ago.  It's a versatile piece - able to be paired with outfits for Fall, Winter, and Spring!  Lace/open knits also happen to be on trend for Spring of 2013.  Layered underneath the floral blazer, I have a winning look.

To finish it off, I've decided to don red jeans (colored pants are always a good choice nowadays) and a neutral, brown boot.  My accessories are simple - thin, red headband, a set of three mixed metallic bracelets, pearl earrings, and a gold locket.  



 photo SAM_0209_zpscdf65fa2.jpg


 photo SAM_0217_zps8b41e46d.jpg



Get my look!

 photo spring2013trend_zpsca316d57.jpg



For my readers' use, I've styled it a bit differently.  Mint is one of the most popular colors for Spring, so I thought that should definitely be more present.  We bring this green shade out of the blazer by adding a necklace and ring of the same persuasion.  I've kept the earrings as similar to mine and also added similar booties.  You could further copy my look by adding a headband or even Emerald nail polish. (Pantone says it's all the rage...)  





Now for the men.  This is Rene - boyfriend and wardrobe extraordinare.  He is here to show you what the guys should be searching their closets for this Spring.  This is a look for the "dapper man".  It's a little bit vintage, and a lot of color.  (Not an uncomfortable amount, I'm sure you'll agree.)  



 photo SAM_0222_zpsd48ea600.jpg







 photo SAM_0220_zps2232ccee.jpg




Get his look!


 photo mensspringtrend13_zps6e551843.jpg


Once again, we have the colored pants.  These are Land's End - one of Rene's favorite places to shop.  I recently popped into the store on State St. in Chicago and they have tons of pairs for the upcoming season.  This is a trend you cannot miss out on!  Many of the pairs are also currently on sale.  In my opinion, this is a win/win.

Unfortunately, the argyle sweater in our set falls short of being as colorful as the one in the pictures.  Fear not!  I feel like this look is even more user friendly because of the toned down purple piece from Target.  I find that some men are too afraid to wear a lot of color.  This sweater seems like a happy medium for both sides.  The shoes are a simple neutral to off-set the colors in the rest of the outfit.  Don't forget the horn-rimmed glasses!  They complete the vintage flavor of the look.





I hope this post inspired you to throw caution to the wind and break out those Spring clothes.  We'll make our own brightness on these icky days!

Until next time!

~ they seek her there

No comments:

Post a Comment